News from Cossacks 3 Facebook page:
You’re in for a surprise! As was promised yesterday, we’re glad to announce that two very important features are coming out in the newest update today:
- The Mod Manager. Although without the Steam Workshop integration (yet), a powerful tool were given into your disposal. Now you can easily bring some drastic changes to the game with help of vast amounts of available community made modifications. More details below, as well as some examples of various mods presented as screenshots attached to this post.
- An ability to drag the selection frame – community’s favorite. Rejoice, as you are now able to select your grand armies even if they take more place than could fit on one screen. Select your numerous pikemen, musketeers and dragoons and send them away to fight in your name!
More details on the Cossacks 3 Mod Manager:
With the recent update we’ve added new mod tools to the game. From now on, each time you launch the game you have an option to manage, enable or disable your mods. It’s not yet integrated into the Steam Workshop, but this will change pretty soon.
What you are able to do with our Mod manager in Cossacks 3:
- Enable or disable installed mods.
- Set priority of your enabled mods: this will determine which mod and its files are prioritized above others, i. e. what file will be deemed as more “important” and will overwrite the copies if there a situation with duplicate file conflict will present itself.
- Create and submit your own mods to Steam Workshop (feature is currently disabled)
How it works:
The mod manager scans the “mods” folder in your Cossacks 3 directory, collects and records any available info and proceeds to create/modify mods.ini file, which contains info on priority and structure of the available mods.
If certain mod is enabled and it uses a file which has a counterpart in the vanilla version of the game, the mod manager will use the file from modification’s folder, without affecting the state of the original game.
There may be some stability and desync issues for multiplayer mods right now, it will be fixed in the future, with implementation of the Steam Workshop. MP mod makers should be also aware that if the files from their mods overlap with the base game ones and the later are updated, then some conflicts may happen. We advise you to update your mods along with the game.
Have a nice day!
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONTENT:
Date of publish: 12.11.2016
Language of publish: english