Today GSC officially revealed first facts about their upcoming historical RTS called “American Conquest” (working title), you can read first facts and see 3 screenshots here!
- Over 300 years of American continent history. 15. – 18. centuries.
- 12 Nations. European countries: England, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Native American Nations: Aztecs, Incas, Maya, Algonquians, Hurons, Delawares, Pueblos and Iroquoian Confederacy.
- Costumes, architecture, game balance will be done basing on true-to-life historical data, and will reflect the pattern of Europeans and indigenous American population.
- Up to 16 000 units on the map, which will allow staging grandiose battles, and showing historical events in their real scope.
- Part of the units have several kinds of attack and assault with various weapons.
- 3D landscape
- Immense maps – up to 30×20 screens in resolution of 1024×768 (4 times bigger, compared to “Cossacks”).
- Huge variety of landscapes. About 200 kinds of flora and fauna.
- New tactical elements. Combat formations of infantry, cavalry and artillery in line with historical accuracy. Each kind of formation possessing its own peculiarities, enabling player with unique advantages.
- A formation consists of a commander, a drummer, a standard-bearer and soldiers.
- Units gain experience in battles, acquiring additional abilities.
- Possibility to capture buildings, peasants and artillery.
- Possibility to enter any building and defend it, gaining extra defense bonus.
- 4 Campaigns in singleplayer, including 30 missions, as well as Single missions, Historical battles, Random Map game.
- Up to 7 players will be able to join in a game over LAN or Internet. Available modes: Deathmatch, Historical Battles. Global rating system.
- Random Map generator will allow getting a virtually unlimited set of singleplayer and multiplayer maps.
- Extensive encyclopedia and detailed reference system.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CONTENT:
Date of publish:16.05.2001
Author: Stefan Hertrich and unknown
Language of publish: english